Saturday, September 27, 2008

K-Day + 1

One year ago today we summited Katahdin, completing our 2,174 mile hike of the Appalachian Trail.

This morning, after contacting Safari-26, She-Ra, He-Man and Turbo with congratulations, Lauren and I read a couple pages from our journals and reflected a bit on the decisions, growth and adventures we've experienced together.

Cruising up the Hill

Today it only seemed fitting to go for a hike, so I took four kids from the neighborhood for a morning climb in Griffith Park. I've been wanting to spend more time with kids with absent fathers, but today was the first time I actually put a plan together. Rewarding stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Happy trail anniversary guys! Hey Stitch, my awesome wife got me a pair of 9 trails shorts. It made me think about you and Figgy.

    Comet

    ReplyDelete