Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bucket

I thought it was a small bout of food poisoning that had me feeling woozy for a couple days last week, but now that Lauren has come down with the same thing, it's clearly not.

Actually, it's quite similar to the stomach bug that we both respectively battled on the trail north of Pearisburg, exactly one year ago. We learned countless things about each other on the trip, and how to treat the other during hard times was definitely on the summer's syllabus.

I can't stand to be crowded or over-cared for, but certainly appreciate knowing someone is there when I yell "bucket!"

Lauren, on the other hand, will take all the TLC she can get.

So I'm sitting beside her with my head on her forehead, making sure she takes plenty of fluids, while I'm watching a streaming version of Frontline's Storm Over Everest.

No comments:

Post a Comment