Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Comments and Encouragement

Just a quick note to let you all know we appreciate your comments and encouragement. Even some from people we have never met! Thanks for taking the time to keep up with us and be a part of our journey...

Craigo, Lucky Charmz, Kristy R., Mark and Tamara, Anrosh, Kavita / Vijay, Kimiko, Matt A., Dale, Faith H., Future Boy, Kathleen, Simona, Tim and Emily, Hays(s), Amanda M., Sarah L., Chanie, Linda A., Linda C., Matt, Rob, G-Man, Maisi, Cousin Amy, Chinni-Minni...

Here's an unexpected note we received from Meg. Seems that more and more people are finding our little site:

Hi Lauren and Ben -
My husband, Bil, just started his journey yesterday 6/12 from Amicalola Falls - I was lucky to find your website (actually through apartment therapy!) Although you are much much further along than he will be it makes me feel closer to him by checking in on you guys! He is traveling alone without a cell phone (and that makes me nervous!) but he's been planning for so long and it's a dream of his. He'll be gone for only a month - back in July - but it seems forever!

I know he is already planning his return trip to continue his journey to Maine. We own a tea house in Newburyport Massachusetts and I am back here cheering him on with our soon to be 18 month old daughter Annie. We miss him already as it's tough to be a single parent with no relief in sight! (and he's only been gone 6 days so far - weekend in Atlanta for world tea expo)

I wish you both all the luck in the world in reaching your goal - and I will continue to check in on your progress via your website. Your photos are awesome and while I can't be with my husband, it helps to see your photos and I can sort of picture in my mind where he'll be. Be safe and thanks again for your inspiration.

Warm Regards,
Meg S.

ps. Bil's
trail name is TeaDog!!! our website is: licoriceandsloe.com
(that's the name of our tea business Licorice & Sloe Co.)



Thanks for the kind words, Meg. Hang in there. And if we're ever in Newburyport, Mass. down the line, we'll be sure to look you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment