Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update - Del. Water Gap, PA (Mile 1279.2)

(Phone Message Transcribed by Bethany)

Delaware Water Gap

It’s Sunday July 22, 2007. After seeing the swelling in my hand continue to spread and move to the next finger over, my middle finger, I had a helpful conversation with my dad and decided to head on over to the emergency room. I spent about an hour in the ER today. I got an antibiotic shot in my leg that was extremely painful - they said my buttocks didn't have enough fat! - and I got a prescriptions to treat both Lyme's disease and the infection in my hand as a safe guard.

Trip to the E.R.

We’re going to take an extra layover day tomorrow here in the Delaware Water Gap. It is a very nice place to be. We are tarping on the yard of The Church of the Mountain. Tonight, they have a free classical concert in their yard. We’re also right next door to a well known jazz club, The Deer Head Inn, where we enjoyed a glass of red wine last night and enjoyed some good music. We’re being well taken care of and we’re hoping that this infection subsides and we’re able to be on our way before too long. That’s it.

Over and Out.

2 comments: