Sunday, April 8, 2007

Dinner At Au Lac

It's Lauren here. This is my first post, so let's see how it goes.

As a going away present to myself, It's been my dream to eat at our favorite restaurant each week for the last 4 that we're in LA. Au Lac is a Vietnamese place with an amazing Raw food menu. I thought that it would give us a chance to absorb all of the flavors of our favorite dishes as well as the community vibe in the atmosphere to help us through our 6 months of absence.

Chef Ito is the most creative in the kitchen--his dishes are ones that would be virtually impossible to recreate at home. He's also great with introductions--Ben and I have met so many other interesting people because of him. It's because of these friends we've met, that Ben and I feel such a unique connection to this little restaurant in Orange County.

So, why do Ben and I travel all the way from Hollywood, in L.A.-80 miles round trip- to Fountain Valley? Let's keep it short and sweet: De La Mamma and Chocolate Ecstasy for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment