Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Predicting the Future

Packing all of our earthly possessions has been a time consuming and mentally demanding affair. As I look into my crystal ball, I've been trying to determine:

  1. the items I never need to see again
  2. the items we won't need this next month but would like to see once we return
  3. the items we might want access to at "basecamp" (Lauren's parents' in NJ)
  4. the items we want to carry on our backs every step of every day for 4-5 months.
It's a trial and error learning process and hopefully we're getting most of it right. It's rare for me to look back after I've gotten rid of something and wish I still had it. In fact, I can only think of one two. Last summer when I threw out Lauren's bubble bath soaps without her permission. (update: Michael Jordan's rookie card).

We'll see how we did this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment